The foundation of successful nonprofit grant-seeking is an organisational Grants Strategy.
Based on our principles of Best Practice Grant-Seeking, we work with you to bring a strategic approach that breaks down siloes, builds collective ownership and identifies strategies that help you to deliver strategies that help move you towards grants success.
Who is this Grants Strategy best suited to?
- If you are new to grant-seeking and looking to establish a high-functioning grant-seeking program for your not-for-profit organisation.
- If you currently apply for grants for your not-for-profit organisation and are looking to bring a more strategic approach to your work.
What we deliver
We work with you and your organisation to understand your organisation’s needs and challenges. By undertaking a gap analysis, interviewing key stakeholders, and holding an organisation workshop, we develop a Grants Strategy that will:
- Establish clear roles and responsibilities.
- Strengthen oversight, decision-making and planning in relation to grants management.
- Establish cross-organisational processes for information sharing and document management.
- Develop strategies to identify and prioritise funding needs.
- Strengthen project planning to ensure projects meet demonstrated need and have measurable outcomes.
- Improve grant prospect identification and matching.
- Create a process for developing and maintaining strong funder relationships.
How the Grants Strategy works
Gap analysis – Understanding your organisation’s needs and challenges in grant seeking are critical to developing a Grants Strategy that works for you. We review and analyse all key organisational documents and identify areas of improvement.
Stakeholder interviews –As part of our development process, we interview 3-4 key individuals across your Executive, Programs and Fundraising teams.
Grants Framework – From our gap analysis and stakeholder interviews we develop a Grants Framework with recommended strategies using our Best Practice Principles.
Grants Strategy Workshop – Our aim is to deliver a Grants Strategy that is practical, targeted and achievable. In our 3-hour grants workshop, we bring together all key stakeholders in the organisation and take them through the Grants Framework, testing and refining the strategies.
Grants Strategy – Incorporating the feedback from the Grants Strategy Workshop, we then refine and further develop our recommendations and deliver a final Grants Strategy to you.
Implementation – Implementation is key to ensuring that your Grants Strategy creates impact. Through Best Practice check-ins, we work with you over three months to support the set-up of key pieces of work, coach your team, identify priority actions to address areas of concern and be available to troubleshoot as necessary.
Ready to get your Grants Strategy underway?
Strategic Grants is pleased to be working in partnership with Philanthropy New Zealand, and is able to offer a 10% discount on the Organisation-Specific Workshop fee to PNZ Member Organisations. Speak to our team to find out more.