Give your local community groups the tools to access more funding outside of Council grants, plus the training on how to decide whether they should apply, and what a strong application looks like.
We work with your local Council, to bring you an always up to date list of grant opportunities to your local community organisations. And we couple it with grant writing training both for Council’s Grants team and community organisations, to increase funding success in your community.
Our years of experience working with nonprofits of all sizes, tells us that most local community groups and organisations struggle to know where to look for grants. And they also struggle with knowing what information to include in strong, competitive grant applications, to clearly answer all the questions.
Benefits for Councils:
- Free up Council time and resources by equipping community groups with tools they need to seek grant funds outside of what your Council offers
- Identify relevant grants for Council Projects
Benefits for Community Groups:
- Self-identify relevant grants for project delivery
- Increased grants success and mission delivery
- Access to practical webinars, tip sheets and writing samples
- Cloud-based software accessible from anywhere and important customised grants information delivered direct to their inbox!
Our Partnership delivers:
- A Grants Calendar and GEM Portal account for Council’s local Community Groups
- Training for Council’s Grants Team in using GEM Portal and distributing a Grants Calendar to local community groups.
- 3 x half-hour live grant writing training webinars for community groups
- Free GEM Local personalised accounts for community groups
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the program’s benefits in your local community.
Build the capacity of your local areas’ community groups through grants training and tools. You can also purchase bulk subscriptions to the Strategic Grants Webinar Library.
“GEMS is a great tool for local non-profit organisations to attract new funding streams when used correctly. It can be personalised to provide the best value and we know that organisations that use this tool effectively have reported increased funding in the last year.”Jackie McCullough, Grants Manager, Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust
“Auckland Council’s bulk subscription to GEMS has been incredibly valuable for our local community groups. Organisations aren’t just successfully securing funds through grants; they’re also learning industry best practices and are setting themselves up for future fundraising success through grant-seeking. We’re very happy with our partnership with Strategic Grants.”Marion Davies, Grants & Incentives Manager, Auckland Council