Grant strategies to build nonprofit capacity
- Published: Friday, 28 September 2018 17:26
Author: Ruth Button
Earlier this month, the Strategic Grants Team were excited to be exhibiting at the Educate Plus International Conference held at Skycity in Auckland from 4-7 September 2018.
The 3-day conference was an opportunity for people working in the education sector within admissions, alumni and community relations, fundraising, marketing and communications to learn new skills and network internationally with others in the sector; and for schools and universities to be acknowledged in the 2018 Educate Plus Awards. The awards showcased some eye-catching and innovative fundraising and marketing campaigns as well as recognising excellence through specific newcomer, mentor and leadership awards.
Around 80 speakers presented to delegates from universities, schools and colleges sharing leading practice, new techniques and success stories.
The Strategic Grants team (Jo, Maria and I) spoke to many people from across Australia and New Zealand at our Strategic Grants expo stand; it was wonderful to hear how motivated and inspired they were by the workshops and presentations. It was also a great opportunity for us to let delegates know about the great work we do in the Trust and Foundations space and how we can help them achieve their fundraising goals with our specialist grants services and expertise.
Recent blog posts
- Project Planning – essential for funding success
- Why a Case for Support document is crucial to successful fundraising
- The New Zealand Charities Act (2005) Review – free webinar
- The Four Ps and one A for an Effective Key Messages Document
- The common ground of grant-seeking between Australia and Europe
- Evaluation – The key to learning and improving practice is asking powerful questions
- Centralising Grant-Seeking for New Zealand Organisations operating regional divisions
- The Future of Trust
- Q&A with a Local Council client
- Waikato Funders Expo - Wrap Up