Grant strategies to build nonprofit capacity
- Published: Thursday, 10 April 2014 12:07
Author: Morag White
It's great to be exhibiting at the FINZ conference, Strategic Grants’ foray into working with New Zealand charities and grant-makers.
The feedback we have received from our kiwi friends is that the challenges for New Zealand grant-seekers are the same as in Australia – a competitive environment that requires precision project matching, highly developed relationship building skills and the capacity to deliver detailed accountability reports with social impact indicators.
Here, as in Australia, there is talk from funders for more charitable groups to collaborate so services are not duplicated. This is a worldwide trend as funders also look to join forces to deliver larger value grants through collaborative funding arrangements.
There are more than 200 attendees here at Waipuna, Auckland with a good representation of other Aussies - speakers, presenters and exhibitors - all here to share and learn best practice fundraising strategies. Well done Fundraising Institute New Zealand on a great event!
Recent blog posts
- Christmas Wishes from the team at Strategic Grants
- The Festive Season – a time to reflect and find your Ikigai
- Building capacity in the NFP sector – one podcast at a time…..
- Experience Management – what is it, and how to apply it to your organisation
- Project Planning – essential for funding success
- Why a Case for Support document is crucial to successful fundraising
- The New Zealand Charities Act (2005) Review – free webinar