Grant strategies to build nonprofit capacity
- Published: Thursday, 21 April 2016 16:36
Author: Jo Garner
It is with very mixed feelings of excitement for Jane and selfish sorrow at losing such a key team member and friend that team SG is preparing to bid farewell to our Jane, with her last day being 22nd April, 2016. Jane is pursuing her dream of going back to work in France (and beyond).
Jane joined Strategic Grants in November 2012 and in the 3 ½ years she has been with us, has played an integral role in managing and developing our GEMS systems - both the data quality and software development, keeping the team up to date on what funders are up to, and working with our nonprofit partners to ensure that they are getting the most value out of GEMS. In addition her excellent writing skills (she is now a published poet!) have assisted clients and other team members prepare tenders and grant applications, as well as managing for a time all our marketing and communications.
Through good planning and well-documented systems and processes, and Jane’s exceptional project management skills, we are experiencing a very smooth transition to our new structure with a dedicated GEMS Manager, Andrew Thompson and Research Manager, Cathy Kirwan.
From all of us here at Strategic Grants, thank you Jane for your loyalty, intelligence, problem-solving, efficiency, integrity and for simply being a wonderful person. We will miss you!
Let the adventure begin J
Recent blog posts
- The Four Ps and one A for an Effective Key Messages Document
- The common ground of grant-seeking between Australia and Europe
- Evaluation – The key to learning and improving practice is asking powerful questions
- Centralising Grant-Seeking for New Zealand Organisations operating regional divisions
- The Future of Trust
- Q&A with a Local Council client
- Waikato Funders Expo - Wrap Up
- Capital Campaigns – fundraising at its finest!
- The love song guide to nurturing Funder relationships
- Understand the ecosystem, honour your funders, involve your beneficiaries!